Monday, May 25, 2009

The Beginning


I boarded the plane without any problems or delays. Once I settled in my seat, I pulled out my European travel guide to read more about the places I would see in a few hours. After an hour of reading and a satisfying meal I pulled my complementary eye mask on to hopefully get a little shuteye. However, when I attempted to turn off the spotlight overhead it would not work. I asked the flight attendant if she could help me, after a few minutes of playing with it she gave up. She said that the only way to turn my light off was to turn all of the lights out in the entire plane, which could not be done. So she offered to bring me another eye mask. After another twenty minutes of enduring the glaring light in my face, Alexandra and I had the brilliant idea to cover the light with post it notes. People around us began giving us advice on how to cover it, pulling out sticky tack and paper. Once I semi-figured it out and sat back down in my seat for attempt number two of a nap, I looked up to see sticky tack, paper and post it notes falling onto my head. Alexandra and I were laughing hysterically, while the others in the plane were attempting to sleep. I was the definition of the stupid American.

Once we arrived in London, I settled into my room and took a quick nap, while we waited on the other part of the group. Later in the afternoon, we gathered for a tour of our beautiful neighborhood, Kensington. Our house is located in the chicest part of London. The streets look like they are from a movie, and the houses around us are picturesque. The people are all beautiful and fashionably dressed. We grabbed a burger at Bryson, a local eatery where you can get a "proper burger." Day one was very relaxed and only a taste of what the month has to come.

2 comments:

  1. ohhh carol! the plane light is so typical...way to be creative in covering it up! i miss you and love you:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh goodness- will there be a screenplay to follow?

    ReplyDelete