Thursday, June 4, 2009

P.S. I love you


We went to a play today at the Globe Threatre (Shakespeare's play). Of course, our group was groundlings, or those who don't pay very much and stand the entire time in the front. The play was great, As You Like It, which is one of Shakespeare's comedies. The entire play was his original script, so a little hard to follow at times, but still great. For the second half Mariann and I snuck into some empty seats. No one was using them and our feet were aching. 

Mariann, Alexandra and I leave tomorrow for DUBLIN, and we are so excited. However, we realized tonight that you can only have one carry-on, including your purse. Since we all have large backpacking backpacks we though we would be fine. However, there is also limits on how large the bag can be, and our backpacks are too large. The solution to our problem: wear lots of clothes on the plane! The forecast for the weekend is cold and rainey, so layering is the only option. Tomorrow on the plane I am wearing four shirts, luckily we are all the same size so the three of us our going to swop shirts everyday. Roughing it for sure, but we will make do. 

If anyone has ever seen the movie P.S. I love you, then you know as much about Ireland as I do. Ever since I first saw that movie, (and the Irish men in the movie) I have wanted to go to Ireland. We just don’t know that much about it. This weekend and our layers of clothing is sure to be an adventure. 

1 comment:

  1. Oh, the one carry on rule... I hated that. But you'll make it work. I didn't shower in Ireland and wore basically the same thing each day. You'll have so much fun. Stop by The Joy of Coffee (in Temple Bar in Dublin) and have a latte for me!

    ReplyDelete