Wednesday, June 3, 2009

You didn't ask for it, but I'm giving it to you anyway...


I should be asleep, since we leave tomorrow at 7:30 for Oxford. But I can't so I decided to write. Nothing too excited has happened in the last few days, just more touring. Which I love, there is so much to see in this beautiful city! The weather is perfection, about 75 everyday and sunny. The area we live in is perfect, quiet and quaint. Away from the hustle and bustle of Piccadilly Circus and Convent Garden, which I love being in during the day but enjoy escaping it in the evening. We saw an incredible play tonight called A Little Night Music. It was very well written, containing lots of whit and hidden humor. 

However, I believe in writing with a purpose and since there hasn't been anything too exciting in the last few days I must share some thoughts about traveling with you. Traveling allows you to understand a person in ways you never knew. After traveling together for one week, I know this group in ways I don't know close friends at home. With 50% of marriages in America ending in divorce, something must be done. I think I found the solution. If couples were required to travel together (not sleep in the same beds) there would be so much less divorce. First, many couples would not get married after spending a week with this person abroad. Secondly, many of the issues that do not come up until after marriage will be dissolved. In traveling, you learn sleep, food and spending habits of a person. All of which are required for survival. Well, I know you didn't ask for it, but I gave you my opinion anyway. 

No comments:

Post a Comment